[1.0 Megapixel] ANNKE® 4CH 720P PoE NVR HD Security Camera System with 4 720P 1.0MP Weatherproof Superior Night Vision HD IP Cameras (Power Over Ethernet, Scan QR Code Quick Remote Access NO HDD) specifications, interesting information along with costumer reviews who currently purchased and in addition best price together with really great discount.
Establishing a surveillance DVR in your house is straightforward since it comes with instructions about how to established it up. Thus, you will be guided step by step about how to set it up and how to use it. These DVRs come in all forms and all sizes. There are even surveillance DVRs that come as pens and flashlights. Try not to be surprised if you discovered being recorded at a friend’s home. You can even convert your laptop or your desktop computer as a security system. The USB interface of your laptop can be converted into a DVR. How’s that for a surveillance machine and you do not have to buy a whole new system. You just have to get a DVR card that can fit in the slot of your existing laptop. The most common types of card are the PCI card. These cards can accommodate up to 16 channel types and each channel needs one camera. Thus, you choose how many cameras you will require for your home.
This product made by Annke become one of the great Surveillance DVR Kits since a lot of buyers satisfied after using this product. In addition to its features, the best price also becomes a factor. Below is a review of [1.0 Megapixel] ANNKE® 4CH 720P PoE NVR HD Security Camera System with 4 720P 1.0MP Weatherproof Superior Night Vision HD IP Cameras (Power Over Ethernet, Scan QR Code Quick Remote Access NO HDD), a product more liked by costumers and have plenty of cool reviews. We will give you customer reviews, product features, descriptions, and a variety of other interesting things. Happy reading.
[1.0 Megapixel] ANNKE® 4CH 720P PoE NVR HD Security Camera System with 4 720P 1.0MP Weatherproof Superior Night Vision HD IP Cameras (Power Over Ethernet, Scan QR Code Quick Remote Access NO HDD) Details and Reviews
33 of 35 people found the following review helpful.
The Good, Bad and the Ugly.UPDATED!
I researched many different home security camera packages, some more expensive, some less. I even thought about just getting the cameras and have my home server be the DVR. Ultimately, I decided on this package, not only for the price but the decent reviews about the system. I have installed 2 of the 4 cameras so far and here is my impression. I am an IT director for a company and have been doing this line of work for over 30 years so tinkering with things is not that big of a deal for me.
1) The actual cameras are very nice. They have a metal housing, light, small and POE, meaning only one cable is needed for power and data, making the installation easy. The picture quality is good and they are very responsive.
2) The price. There are 1000’s of bundled systems on the market and it is very confusing on what exactly is good and worth the money. For the price, this system is very attractive vs. systems costing twice the price.
3) The unit is packaged very well, includes all the cables (2 100′ and 2 50′ CAT 5 cables are included). A+ on this.
4) The DVR unit comes with VGA and HDMI out. A nice touch if you want to plug the DVR into your TV to watch the cameras in real time.
1) The remote and mouse that comes with the unit are cheap plastic. I threw them in my junk drawer.
2) The DVR configuration is a little cumbersome but you will get a hang of it within a couple of minutes if you are a little tech savvy.
1) The manual that comes with the unit as well as the PDF version on the CD are translated by a 5 year old from Chinese to English. Most of it doesn’t make sense. You would think that in 2015, companies can find an English speaking person that can do a proper translation. Even better, use Google Translate. I’m sure it will do a better job.
2) The software that comes with the system is utter crap. The settings make no sense. The only way I was able to figure things out was to play with all the settings for about 5 hours through trial and error. It is by far the biggest pile of poo I have ever used. There is no easy way to play your recordings, or access the system from the Internet without some strange pluggin being installed. If you are not tech savvy, you will never get this thing working right. Be prepared to spend hours troubleshooting.
3) The remote App, Xmeye is even worse. It does not work. When trying to add your device, it keeps saying “wrong password” even though you enter the correct one. The reviews in the Google Play store all say the same thing. The last update to the App broke it and it has been 3 weeks with no response from the developer. Absolute junk. Use the app vMEyeSuper instead. Works much better than the crap they recommend. Thanks to another reviewer here for mentioning it.
I gave the unit 3 stars, mainly because of the quality of the cameras and the price of the kit. The cameras being POE is a huge bonus for ease of installation. If you have time to figure out the settings, this kit may be worth your time but be prepared to be a little frustrated.
UPDATE – 9-23-15:
Revised the rating from 3 stars to 2. These cameras are NOT POE compliant, meaning that they will not work without the NVR that comes with the kit. If that NVR dies, the cameras are useless. The cameras will not work with any other POE injector, switch or adapter. You MUST use them with the NVR in the kit. I have verified this with their customer support.
16 of 16 people found the following review helpful.
… w/o a HDD for a neighbor and he’s extremely satisfied with this purchase
I bought and installed this system w/o a HDD for a neighbor and he’s extremely satisfied with this purchase. He rated a 5 star for the price and quality of the product.
Personally, with this this price range, I think it’s a very good system.
Thoughts on each component:
Cameras feel really sturdy. Look a lot like zmodo but with more LEDs. I also like how you can hide the connectors. Insulation on it is not very good so I had to use extra weatherproofing materials.
CAT5 24AWG cables, they are lowest of quality…not shielded nor grounded. Cables can be expensive so I won’t deduct any point for this. I don’t like how they coiled up these cables. They are hard to straighten out. I did test their cables with a CAT5 speed tester and they came within range of a standard CAT5. However, I used different 4-75′ CAT5E’s w/shielding and grounding that I bought for 5$ ea.
Mouse, it’s junk. I bought a nano mouse from ebay for him, $8.
Adding a HDD is quick and easy…bought 1TB WD Purple Surveillance graded HD for him for 50$. It’s good enough as NVR function re-writes once space runs out.
Remote Control, it’s also super duper cheap. Don’t use it…get a good wireless mouse and you can control everything function from it. This NVR is sitting (closet) 20 feet away from the TV in the living room, and the wireless mouse works just fine.
Last but not least, picture quality is great….I even tried…and ended up setting this system to 1080P and so far have no issue with it. The resolution is actually very impressive…same as systems that cost 5X as much. Remote viewing setup was fairly simple. XMeye on smarthphone works good…of course this depends on your wireless connection too.
I’ll have a follow-up on the performance of this system.
3 of 3 people found the following review helpful.
Amazing quality. I first got a $100 four cam …
By Kyle B.
Amazing quality. I first got a $100 four cam kit that used BNC. AVOID THEM. They are analog. go with a digitial real 720P kit like this. came with wires. easy hook up. simple interface. LOVE IT!! Cant beat it for the price! Has a remote too
I was even able to use a POE injector and power a cam at the back of the building and it showed up on the network and the DVR shows and records it. GREAT PRODUCT!!
Features of this product
- Happy Easter Day : Get $10 Gift Card when spend $299.99/ Get $20 Gift Card when spend $499.99/Get $30 Gift Card when spend $799.173 or more on Qualifying items offered by Security Sannce & ANNKE
- 720P HD Recording – Provide bigger and detailed image/Never Miss One Moment
- 100ft Day Night Monitoring with Auto IR-Cut Switch
- QR-Code Scan Connection to realize smartphone quick remote access anytime anywhere
- Power over Ethernet – Power & Video Over One Cable
A lot of crimes are occurring in the home. This has increased the requirement to have a security system in the home. Parents and homeowners are certainly not always at home. Hence, important things and people are left at home unprotected and unsafe from people who are out to do them harm. As parents are gone for a long time everyday, a security DVR is the only thing that can handle this as compared to VCRs that can easily manage small amounts of time.