D-Link DCS-2230 2MP Cube Camera specifications, exciting information with costumer opinions who previously purchased and as well best price together with pretty good discount.
You are able to save a lot on installation cost if you do your own electric home monitoring system on your own. Doing your own installation can save you as much as fifty percent on costs. As well, you will not be weighed down with regular bills like service charge, guaranty, tax, and other high monitoring costs. Yet , you should be outfitted with the right tools and apparatus to get you tasks. Try and check out your local hardware store and find out if you can rent some available tools for a least charge. Ask your friends and family if they have one of the tools you need which you can borrow.
This item produced by D-Link become one of the great Remote Home Monitoring System since a lot of customers fulfilled after using this product. In addition to its features, the best price also becomes a factor. This is a details of D-Link DCS-2230 2MP Cube Camera, an item loved by buyers and have a much of great reviews. We will give you customer reviews, product features, descriptions, and a variety of other interesting things. Happy reading.
D-Link DCS-2230 2MP Cube Camera Details and Reviews
8 of 8 people found the following review helpful.
good, but needs PoE and mic/speaker only work on IE
By Jason Worley
I have this mounted on my front porch (protected from weather), and really wished it had Power-over-Ethernet. I found out later the DCS-2210 version of this does have PoE, wishing I had purchased that instead. I am using a dozen DCS-7010L cameras for the perimeter surveillance, and was hoping to use this camera to see, hear and talk to people at the door using my ipad or iphone. Unfortunately, the speaker and mic options only appear to work with Internet Explorer using a plug-in, they do not appear on Safari or Chrome browser, nor any of the half dozen ios “dlink” camera apps I’ve found so far. Picture quality is great, mic and speaker options work fine on IE, but lack of IOS and other browser compability for those features greatly limit the usefulness of it as one would expect. I am knocking it two stars for not supporting IOS or non-IE browsers (none of which is disclosed in D-link manuals, spec sheets or website)
10 of 12 people found the following review helpful.
[[VIDEOID:mo3N46J1KL6SVRF]]I would just like to start off there is nothing wrong with the latest firmware 1.10
These cameras have so many setting combinations that it can cause other problems when setting up if your a novice with networking. Not plug and play! I’ve had mine for a year and they have been almost flawless, day and nite picture quality is excellent for a sub 500 dollar camera.
6 of 8 people found the following review helpful.
Not the best…
By Reviews Gadgets & Stuff
I didn’t buy this camera from here, but I figure to write a review for it anyway.
I was looking for a camera that would satisfy several of my needs:
– >720p resolution
– Acceptable image quality (not all “HD” cameras have that)
– Have wide angle
– Compact design
– Night image is nice to have but wasn’t required
Based on spec camera met all my requirements on paper, except the wide angle, but I figured to try anyway. IP camera setup is generally easy for me, so I can’t really comment, but it seemed to be the same as most other cameras I’ve tried.
– One IR light with enough power to light up a room, but as most IRs don’t bother using behind closed window.
– User Interface for managing camera is pretty good, but see User interface for viewing camera in the Cons
– Design is nice and compact. The camera is very light and has very small footprint.
– Wireless signal has been pretty good, but my camera is only about 10-15 feet away from the router
– Built-in speaker is excellent for 2 way communication. It’s half duplex though, so you won’t be able to talk and listen at the same time.
– Focus appears to be automatic as there are no adjustments that I found, I maybe wrong about that, but this could be pro or a con for some.
– Worked well with IP Cam Viewer app in Android
– Image quality is decent, but not really mind blowing, probably average for the camera at this price and as expected image quality would start degrading as soon as the sun goes down.
– Since this is indoor camera with fixed position, there is a chance you may want to have wider angle and for me 67 degrees horizontally just wasn’t enough coverage. My biggest negative about this camera.
– User interface for viewing in the browser is not great, I didn’t like the layout and couldn’t reduce the size of the picture without cropping it. Also, it uses Quick Time to stream video in Chrome browser and I couldn’t get it work.
– The speaker had some static constant noise
Alternative suggestion: I purchased Zavio F3206 which has 1080p@30fps resolution, wider angle lens >88 degrees, larger aperture F1.8 and slightly better image quality, but it is missing IR and built int speaker, if that’s in your requirement.
Features of this product
- Full 2 Megapixel HD Resolution
- Day/Night Monitoring with Integrated IR LED
- Built-In Microphone and Speaker
- Passive Infrared Sensor (PIR) for Enhanced Motion Detection
- MicroSD Card Slot
A web-based surveillance security system permits you to monitor your home while away. If you go on a vacation, are in the business office, or away on business, you can have access via internet to watch what your surveillance digital cameras are catching on online video. This type of security system is perfect for family members who are often away for extended periods, office buildings which have chronic theft or perhaps vandalism problems, and households with members that require the aid of a caretaker if left alone.