D-Link Wireless Business 360-Degree HD Network Surveillance Camera with mydlink-Enabled (DCS-6010L) facts, exciting information along with costumer reviews who previously purchased plus best price with pretty nice discount.
It is possible to save a lot on installation cost if you do your own electronic home monitoring system on your own. Doing your own installation can save you as much as fifty % on costs. Also, you are not weighed down with regular bills like service charge, guaranty, tax, and other high monitoring costs. Nevertheless , you should be outfitted with the proper tools and apparatus to achieve you tasks. Try and check out your local hardware store and find out if you can rent some available tools for a least charge. Ask your friends and family if they have some of the tools you need which you can borrow.
This item produced by D-Link become one of the top recomended Remote Home Monitoring System since a lot of shoppers fulfilled after using this item. In addition to its features, the best price also becomes a factor. Below is a description about D-Link Wireless Business 360-Degree HD Network Surveillance Camera with mydlink-Enabled (DCS-6010L), a product more liked by peoples and have plenty of positive reviews. We will give you customer reviews, product features, descriptions, and a variety of other interesting things. Happy reading.
D-Link Wireless Business 360-Degree HD Network Surveillance Camera with mydlink-Enabled (DCS-6010L) Details and Reviews
83 of 86 people found the following review helpful.
Easily D – Links. Best IP. Camera
By Gene Lederer
I have over 15 D-Link IP Cameras. Prior to that I ran a Logitech solution with 10 cameras. Starting with the 930L through all the recently released models. I have 3 of the 7010’s. As you can see some folks rate these cameras from D-Link as garbage, and the next review has 5 stars. I have more than the average persons ability when it comes to networks, computers, software and most importantly tenacity.
Let me give you some advise if you are thinking of buying these or any IP cameras and installing your self.
1. If you think this might work for you with the help of ” tech support line “. Don’ t buy it. You need the ability to read and do tis yourself. Additionally you need to be pretty good at figuring out technical problems by your self. All the documentation will get you about 70% of what you need to install a networked solution with a local cloud for your recordings. If you are fine with just the My D Link real time access, computer, iPhone, iPad access then someone with a good working knowledge of systems can make this work.
2. All the Cameras that are “New” with release dates within the last 3 – 5 months; the firmware will not support all the cameras features properly. It takes them until version 1.03 typically to get it to settle down. Additionally, as they enhance the browser interface on newer models they don’t go back and keep all currently ” being sold models” consistent from a firmware prospective, and how you use the options within the firmware. It is a perpetual learning curve as you add additional newer models to your network.
3. The D View server software; historically it was a joke. It did not even support the models released within the last 24 months, not to mention the bugs. However, in the last 6 months I have been amazed. All the new cameras I bought D- View actually supported the model. Like 7010L , 2230L, 2130L, 942L, 5222L, etc.
4. The iPhone support has gotten a lot better. By that I mean it supports the resolution, and specific features. The iPad app has a resolution like a 1962 TV even with HD cameras and a proper network. It is the app, not your network.
5. The SD option on most of the newer models is a good option and works. However how it works is different with each model and not as a result of different capabilities of the camera from model to model. Again with the lack of a consistent approach to firmware user/ feature interface.
So if you have the skill, these are great for the money with multiple options on deployment. None of my cameras, not one over more than 2 years has failed. Where in the world can you get 720 HD cameras with Ok night vision IR, SD local card support, mic, speaker and POE option in door for $150+ , outdoor for. $240 or so. My D Link at No Charge, D View network server software as well.
I don’ t want to insult anyone but if you think you can get all of the above plus 24/7 tech support to hold your hand and make this work for you …… You need to hirer someone to install and troubleshoot your camera network. I imagine if you keep it simple, like 2 or 3 cameras and are happy with just the My D Link option it can easily be done.
Have fun, “. Creative spelling complements of my Smart Phone “
49 of 50 people found the following review helpful.
I own 3 of these in a 9 camera home system.
By James G. Henderson
I have 3 of these cameras in a 9 camera home system. 2 worked great out of the box. One was flakey but had old firmware. I upgraded it and am seeing if it will work as well as the other two. All 9 of my cameras are HD (3 indoor hd) 3 indoor fisheye 360 hd and 3 of this outdoor model, (this one is by far the best built). I have the outdoor cameras plugged into an ethernet hub with a $70 dual band Netgear network wireless adapter and they run without flaw at hd over the 5 ghz band. Te indoor models all have 2.4 built in adapters which are useless in my neighborhood and this I have those wired or plugged into 5.4 ghz wireless adapters as well.
I have tried other brands and they are either TV resolution for the same price or are not configurable with ip monitoring programs.
D-link brand seems to be the most well built highest resolution cameras for the best price.
Wireless outdoor cameras are useless with my aluminum siding as it acts as a faraday cage and they wont transmit. I used these cameras and drilled holes and ran the ethernet to a network hub and then to a wireless adapter from Netgear, for an additional cost of $100 total for all 3 cameras.
I am not a shill for D-link and they need to improve their app software as I have yet to be able to use 2 way audio consistently… But they are the best out there.
Edit:4-27-2013: IT was below zero weather causing the flakiness at the time of the review. No problems since the 2-3 day extreme cold streak.
I put static ip addresses on my now 10 d link cameras because dhcp worked fine but my Security Monitor Pro software would lose the camera as the ips would change if the router reset. It is easy to do. Just go into advanced settings on the My Dlink site and go into network settings and assign manual ip. I used 192.168.1.160 through 192.168.1.169 for my 10 cameras. No problems and I have had them several months.
17 of 17 people found the following review helpful.
Great Hardware, Crap Software
The hardware is great, well made, good picture quality, sleek low profile, nice fish eye gives whole room coverage, exactly what I was looking for.
To say the software is terrible is an understatement. (I did the recommended upgrade to firmware 1.01)
It took way too long to figure out how to setup “Motion Detection” and “Event Setup”.
The instructions and help appear to have been translated to English.
I am unable to access my camera from the web via mydlink.com as there are issues with java (a search on the web says use an older version of java and wait for dlink to fix their issues).
If using Chrome the menu option for “Motion Detection” simply does not exist, I had to use internet Explorer to set this up.
The remote mydlink web interface only gives access to limited settings.
Using the ipad app called mydlink+ I tried to simply adjust the motion detection sensitivity and it totally changed my settings, it introduced new “Media” which then did not correspond to my previous “Event” setup and screwed up my e-mail notifications and recording to the SD card…!
I am disappointed that I can not access the data from the SD card via the web, I made the assumption this feature was included but mydlink.com does not show the 6010 as being one of the cameras with remote SD card access.
I am very disappointed in a trusted brand like dlink for doing such a poor job on the software 🙁
Update, October 20th, 2013 – Added a star
It has now been a few months and I decided to configure DDNS. This allows web access remotely which has given me back the functionality I found lacking via mydlink.com
Features of this product
- 360-Degree Surround View with Fisheye Lens (F2.4)
- Remote viewing and surveillance management with free mydlink mobile apps
- Cutting-edge advanced image processing
- HD (1600 x 1200) at up to 15 frames per second
- 180-Degree panoramic view (wall mount)
- Virtual pan, tilt, and zoom functionality
- Local video recording with microSD card slot
- Easy installation and flexible placement
A web-based surveillance security system permits you to monitor your home while away. If you go on a vacation, are in the office, or away on organization, you can have access via internet to look at what your surveillance video cameras are catching on video. This type of protection system is suitable for households who are often aside for extended periods, office buildings that contain chronic theft or vandalism problems, and homeowners with members that need the aid of a caretaker if left alone.