Defender SN301-8CH-X 8 Channel H.264 Smart DVR Security System with Coaching iMenu (Black) facts, useful information and costumer opinions who currently bought and also best price along with really great discount.
Safety from theft and the safety of your family are the two greatest worries that most of people have. We install locks on all windows and doors to prevent theft. We teach our children about stranger danger and we watch them with an Eagle eye. Anytime there will be something introduced that assists us protect the people we love and the things we have worked for we should take notice and give it time to make our lives less stressful. Surveillance DVR can help you will find the visual proof that someone was at your home at a certain time. The home surveillance DVR works like the systems that commercial business owners use to protect their establishments.
This product produced by Defender become one of the great Surveillance DVR Kits since a lot of customers happy after using this item. In addition to its features, the best price also becomes a factor. This is a description of Defender SN301-8CH-X 8 Channel H.264 Smart DVR Security System with Coaching iMenu (Black), a product more liked by costumers and have a lot of positive reviews. We will give you customer reviews, product features, descriptions, and a variety of other interesting things. Happy reading.
Defender SN301-8CH-X 8 Channel H.264 Smart DVR Security System with Coaching iMenu (Black) Details and Reviews
22 of 23 people found the following review helpful.
EXCELLENT!!!!! (UPDATE Feb 2013: Great product – declining customer service)
By Brilan Wells
I’ll write a longer review when I have time.
The Swann DVR I had just died after almost 2 years. And I’m so happy it did (read my review on the Swann DVR)
I have had this DVR about a month now and I’m blown away by how much better it is.
I have not set up the internet access yet, so I’ll update my review when I do that. But in every other way this DVR is better than the Swann.
– I was very surprised to to see the picture was sharper than the Swann on my monitor. Which seemed strange since it has the same cameras.
– The playback sharpness is MUCH SHARPER on this DVR. This is because the compression method used must me MUCH BETTER. The live feed and the playback look the same actually, you can’t even tell it’s a recording. Even on the the Swann’s highest setting the playback looked like garbage.
– This DVR comes with a mouse! So using the system is much like using a computer. You have cursor on the screen icons, which is really, great.
– the remote on this one actually works. On the Swann you had to hold the remote about a foot away from the DVR. And even then you might be fast forwarding a 2x speed, hit pause and have the speed go to 3x, hit stop and the speed would go up to 4x…. really the the Swann was a piece of garbage.
– The search is MUCH better on the Defender. You can check only 1 camera at a time, instead of having to review every single camera.
– The record options are MUCH MUCH better. For EACH camera you can set it to record all the time, motion, or not at all. On the Swann, you have not choice – how you set 1 is how they are all set. On the Defender, you can set them each individually.
– The motion detector actually WORKS on the Defender. I think it has some kind of pre roll. When you playback sometimes there will be no movement for a second (and you might think the motion detector was set off by mistake), then someone will suddenly enter the frame – so as I said, it must have some kind of pre-roll function built in. On the Swann, sometimes you would only see someone just after they were leaving the frame, you would see a shoulder, but no way to identify the person, even though they had walked down the hall 15 feet straight towards the camera!
– The Defenders Motion detector goes off ONLY WHEN THERE IS MOTION! On the Swann I had to constantly tweak the brightness and contrast to keep the motion detector from going off every 10 seconds sometimes. (Literally, not set right – the motion would go off every 10 seconds – in a hall with no windows. Then the florescent bulb in the hall would go out and be replaced, I would have to set it up all over again.)
– The Defender still records while you are in playback mode! The Swann stops recording in playback mode 🙁
I really could go on, but don’t have the time at the moment, after I set up the remote network access I will finish the review.
I forgot until now to finish the review!
When I originally set up the network access (remotely from my laptop) There was a slight error but I called the tech support who helped me put the “something” outside the “something range” (I forgot exactly what we did) and since then it has worded flawlessly. I just checked it after not using it for months and I’m still connected! I have not set up use on my iphone yet because I’m still running OS3 and have not updated to OS4. I’ve been too lazy to clear all my photos and videos off my phone. So I’m not sure how the iphone app works….
This is a great machine. I just learned that I can set it to show all 8 cameras but when there is motion in one camera it will fill the screen on that camera for 10 seconds (or longer if you want to set it that way). This is a nice setting because after a while you don’t notice movement in the tiny frames. But when suddenly you have 9 squares (only 8 cameras) and the screen jumps to full screen mode – you notice that, so you notice the movement in the frame. Great for when a delivery person comes to the door and you have headphones on.
The product still works great but Defender no longer seems to have phone support. The live chat is what live chat always is…. you sitting there waiting for someone to respond – when they do eventually respond it’s pretty clear they have forgotten your particular problem since they are chatting with many people at the same time. It took me 45 min to get a very, very simple problem resolved. I can’t recommend their customer service anymore and am knocking off 1 star – I almost want to knock off 2 but I have had a good experience with this product until today. I hope the company wises up.
I do now have an iphone OS that allows use of the system. But you can only monitor – not playback.
8 of 8 people found the following review helpful.
Not compatible with Macs
If you have read the excellent review by Brilan Wells, you know this DVR has terrific picture quality and is exceedingly user-friendly. That review is spot-on, and one reason I decided to buy this Defender DVR. Unfortunately, when I tried to connect this to my network I learned that this is completely incompatible with Macs. Not just a little incompatible, where you have to download a software or do some sort of work-around–according to the customer service rep I talked to (who was very nice, by the way), there is no way to hook this to a network without a PC. There is also no way to do an initial set-up with an iPhone without a PC. I asked if there were any plans to support Macs, and she said, “Perhaps if there is enough demand…” So, back in the box, and to Amazon, it went.
If I were a PC user, I would not hesitate to buy this DVR–I was very impressed with everything else about it, and the ability to monitor from an iPhone is fantastic; I mistakenly thought that compatibility with the iPhone might translate to compatibility with Macs. I would give it five stars were it not for the Mac issue. Mac users, you may find a standalone DVR is better for you–just be sure to thoroughly read any return policy before you buy, as I almost bought a standalone because the company had a “Satisfaction Guaranteed” policy, but the return policy stated they would not accept returns if the box had been opened. I have generally found that dissatisfaction with products occurs after the box has been opened, so that didn’t sound to me like a workable policy for the customer.
5 of 6 people found the following review helpful.
By Scoppy McScopperson
I’m a contractor and have set this up in numerous commercial accounts of mine. Its great, minus a few easily-to-get-used-to quirks. Sets up easy, VERY VERY intuitive menu. AND… native english tech-savvy help available to help with ANY aspect of operation (The longest I’ve waited on hold is two minutes..)
Features of this product
- H.264 video compression lets you record over a month of footage and save valuable hard drive space
- Let the coaching iMenu teach you about the DVR’s different settings and features
- View video online with no service fees from any computer in the world
- Compatible with BlackBerry, Windows Mobile, Symbian and iPhone Smart Phones.
All of that we have shared above is all you need to understand about this product. At this point, you can decide whether it’s a right product that you really need or definitely not. Still, the decision remains on your hand since we only can provide you to information and recommendation for the best choice. For the biggest thing for you, price would not be a big deal especially if the product is actually suitable for your need. We also have much more articles or reviews relating to to similar products which can be suitable for you to generate a comparison. You can explore and ensure that what your right decision is. We hope that’ll be fruitful for you. Have a wonderful day all and a bunch of thanks for stopping by and reading our content.