Samsung NX2000 20.3MP CMOS Smart WiFi Mirrorless Digital Camera with 20-50mm Lens and 3.7″ Touch Screen LCD (Black) (OLD MODEL) details, useful information with costumer testimonials who already purchased plus best price along with pretty nice discount.
A Mirrorless Interchangeable Lens Camera (MILC) is a digital system camera that facilitates multiple lenses while forgoing the mirror reflex optical viewfinder featured on an SLR. It has become a popular choice especially among recreational photographers upgrading from point and shoot cameras. The first mirrorless camera was introduced in 2008. Since then it has evolved greatly in the design and features offered, moving towards the better.
This product made by Samsung become one of the top recomended Mirrorless Camera since a lot of buyers fulfilled after using this product. In addition to its features, the best price also becomes a factor. This is a details of Samsung NX2000 20.3MP CMOS Smart WiFi Mirrorless Digital Camera with 20-50mm Lens and 3.7″ Touch Screen LCD (Black) (OLD MODEL), an item favored by buyers and have a much of great reviews. We will give you customer reviews, product features, descriptions, and a variety of other interesting things. Happy reading.
Samsung NX2000 20.3MP CMOS Smart WiFi Mirrorless Digital Camera with 20-50mm Lens and 3.7″ Touch Screen LCD (Black) (OLD MODEL) Details and Reviews
194 of 204 people found the following review helpful.
A very good mirrorless DSLR like compact camera
I have tested my new Samsung NX2000 for 2 weeks and its overall performance and picture quality is not bad, actually very good. I was shopping a DSLR like mirrorless compact camera that provide light weight, changeable lens and good picture quality camera. I have two choices either Sony NEX5T (just released this month) or the Samsung NX2000. Believe me, you won’t find too much reviews and details info on the website because both cameras are new. Some info and spec I found on line actually was incorrect and the reviewers did not really done a hand on review. Most of them were just review the camera spec sheet and criticize its good and bad. I concluded Sony NEX5T is a better mirror less camera than NX2000 but its price tag still consider steep when adding up the optional lens, accessory flashlight. It will cost more than a grand. If budget is also a factor of consideration, the NX2000 can fit in perfectly. The NX bundle lens kit cost less than $800.
So far the operation and picture quality of the NX2000 are pretty good. Its APS-C sensor definitely can react to more lights. The high ISO performance is very good below 6400 without noise. It is still tolerable if higher than 6400. The noise reduction from this camera is very good. The contrast AF is not bad, believe me it is not fast but really not bad. The 8fps continue shoot was surprising fast and perfect for motion sport. 20-50mm kit lens without image stabilization performs pretty well and the 50-200mm zoom lens with OIS is excellent.
Price fits budget buyer who wants good quality picture and changeable lens compact camera.
Easy and clear in camera menu and touch screen with less button (I consider less button is a pro but some user don’t)
Fast 8fps continue shooting with high accuracy to catch the perfect moment.
Big APS-C sensor gives better quality pictures. Combines with the high ISO low noise reduction, this camera can shoot without flash.
Many optional Samsung lens to choose ( I prefer buying the 16mm wide angle lens too)
Contrast AF not Phase detection (the speed is still acceptable to me)
No optional EVF, it is very difficult to see the screen under sun light. Samsung, how can we take a good photo under the sun light when the LCD screen is totally invisible by the reflection. I think Samsung needs to consider an option EVF that can be attached to the hot shoe like Sony did on the NEX.
Battery life is also unacceptable. I highly suggest purchase 2 or 4 for back up and you need a aftermarket wall charger.
Update Oct 1 2013: After continue usage of this camera, I found out the LCD screen under the bright sun light is really a problem. Although I can adjust the LCD brighter to make it easier to see, it will drain the battery faster. Samsung really needs to make an optional EVF to attach it on the hotshoe as soon as possible. I don’t mind to spend couple hundreds to buy an optional EVF for this camera but seems Samsung is not listening to the feedback of the consumers. No tilting LCD panel + no optional EVF made the outdoor bright light shooting not too much fun.
Update Dec 4 2014: When I keep using this camera everyday on street, indoor, outdoor sport and car show, this camera continues give me the good quality result. I have no idea why some people gave one or two stars on the review. Some said the price on Amazon is more expensive than Costco then gave one star to the product. It seems it is not fair to this product. Some complained the auto focus is slow, I know this camera doesn’t have a super fast AF focus with phase detection, but the speed is not too bad at all. The point & shot cameras are no way to compare. Remember this camera is not P&S, it is a DSLR like mirrorless camera. If you don’t know how to use the M,A,S,P mode and its setting, you either don’t buy this camera or go to take a photography lesson. Because I am sure if you can’t take good pictures with this camera, it is either your skill or haven’t learned the full function of this camera.
72 of 76 people found the following review helpful.
Nice compact system camera
The Samsung NX2000 compact system camera comes with many nice features in a reasonable price package . I have been using this camera for a couple of weeks with quite a bit of photo shooting on my trip to Hawaii.
What I like about this product
– Compact and light weight. This is one of the key factors for my purchasing decision as I wanted a camera with interchangeable lens and yet easy to carry around on trips and vacation. The camera weighs about 1 lb with the body and the 20 – 50 mm lens. I was able to store this camera together with a 50 – 200 mm zoom lens in the Case Logic DCB-304 Compact System/Hybrid Camera Case (Black). It was a tight fit but it worked pretty well for carrying it around.
– large 3.7 touch WVGA screen for controls. It is quite easy to navigate the various shooting modes, controls, and viewing photos / videos.
– nice picture quality supporting upto 25600 ISO.
– a variety of controls for the more advanced photographers. Some of the features I like included the focusing / exposure / metering modes, bracketing by exposure / white balance, manual adjustment of the flash’s power, and ability to create our own custom settings. The camera also comes with a neat feature called “beauty face” which automatically smoothen the skin tones either in real time or applied after the picture is taken
– wireless Wi-Fi capability. This is a function which I like very much. It works flawlessly for sharing the pictures with the Samsung Smart camera apps, e-mailing photos, and uploading photos to face book. An existing Wi-Fi connection is needed for the files sharing and transfer. The Samsung smart App also has a remote view-finder function which allows us to remotely control the camera using our smart phones.
What could be better with this product
– lack of EVF which makes it a challenge to view under bright sunlight.
– the focusing system on the 20 -50 mm lens is pretty slow and is a bit difficult sometimes to achieve proper focus particularly in low light situations. The 20 – 50 mm lens does not have the OIS (Optical Image Stabilization) function neither which makes it a challenge for shooting fast moving objects. The Samsung 50-200mm Telephoto zoom lens for NX Series Cameras which I also purchased does come with OIS. You may also want to consider the Samsung EX-S1855CSB/US NX NX Ifunction Lens for Camera (Black) as an upgrade as it provides much better focusing mechanism with the OIS function. I have also provided some detailed information of this lens in the product page.
Overall, I am quite pleased with this camera given its price with nice picture quality, compact design with interchangeable lens , and the wireless sharing capability. It is a step above the point and shoot type camera for those would want more advanced controls for their photo-shooting.
45 of 51 people found the following review helpful.
Samsung NX2000 20.3MP
By Paul Rohrbach
I started with a Minolta SLR back in the early 70’s, graduated to a Nikon SLR and a complete dark room. Did a lot of neat stuff “push-processing” film to increase the speed, then to color. Last 8 – 10 years a lot of digital gear, printing software and that was huge in terms of flexibility.
The Samsung NX2000 has exceeded my expectations, which is loaded with features you might expect to pay a much higher price for a much larger and heavier body. Some basic software (included in this purchase) and I was off and running. Very user friendly. 20 to 30 minutes with the manual and I was uploading to my iPad, Facebook and into files for storage. 15 year old grandson was able to do same with this camera.
Can not say enough about how user friendly this camera is.
Features of this product
- 20.3MP CMOS Sensor
- SMART features – Social Media Upload, E-mail, Direct Link, Mobile Link, PC Auto-backup, Remote Viewfinder, All share, Cloud Service
- Hybrid Autofocus System
Mirrorless Cameras are Digital Video cameras which provide the picture quality and versatility of professional Digital Single-Lens Reflex cameras (DSLRs), together with a mobility closer to regarding a more common “point and shoot” digital camera. They are also otherwise known as Mirrorless Interchangeable Lens Digital camera models simply because that, distinct from the common Digital Video cameras for consumer market, that they provide a mechanism to change lenses conveniently, as it’s done with professional ones.
That’s all what we can provide you. It’s our hope how the facts are useful enough to help you find the correct product to buy. Prices are essential but it really won’t be a concern when you absolutely need that product. What we should are advising for you is to always choose affordable one. Just in case you don’t prefer this product, we have been recommending you to definitely read reviews of similar product below. Thank you very much to see this review so we are wishing you a great day.